Financial/Management/Process Improvement Executive
Christopher R. Byrne
171 West Woodglen Road
Spartanburg, SC 29301
Financial Services professional with a strong background in commercial lending, relationship management, and process management. Results driven ability to develop and manage all aspects in a business environment.
2012-2015 SUNTRUST BANK
First Vice President, Relationship Manager, Commercial Dealer Services
Responsible for management and growth of SunTrust’s automobile dealer portfolio for the Georgia Region, consisting of the majority of the state of Georgia, excluding Atlanta. Responsibilities include management of all Bank products including, but not limited to, wholesale floorplan, capital loans and mortgages, deposits and treasury management, merchant services, derivative rate swaps, and retirement accounts.
- Inherited a relatively small portfolio of approximately $175 million, and tasked to grow it.
- Revenue on new business in 2013 was $513,000. Since 1/1/14, I obtained $78,025,000 in new credit/deposits/treasury outstandings, resulting in $947,768 in New Business Revenue.
- Participated in numerous dealership and Bank charitable activities, generating thousands of dollars for local communities.
2012-2012 US EQUITY ADVANTAGE
Regional Account Manager, Eastern United States
Responsible for business development of a bi-weekly finance plan offered to consumers through franchised automotive dealerships. Responsibilities included meeting with dealer principles, sales managers, and finance managers to explain and teach the program to maximize dealer profits.
- Territory produced 447 contracts in my first month, and grew to 776 in my second month.
- Launched a program with a dealer group in Texas to offer a free maintenance plan for all customers, paid for with the dealer’s proceeds of the sales of the bi-weekly contracts.
- Established a relationship with a large dealer group in Florida that the company had not been able to develop, due to my strong relationship with the principle of one of the stores.
- Initiated and trained approximately ten new dealers in the first two months of service.
2009-2011 THE PALMETTO BANK
Vice President/Commercial Relationship Manager, Spartanburg, SC
Responsible for sales, management, and administration/underwriting of all commercial relationships for the Spartanburg market, including Spartanburg and Cherokee Counties. Due to the slow economy, initial responsibility primarily consisted of purifying the portfolio that I inherited from two prior managers. Later, responsibility still focused on portfolio management, but portfolio growth was more heavily emphasized.
- Managed portfolio of 122 commercial accounts totaling $63,399,356.
- Adjusted collateral and removed $8,000,000 of “high concentration” collateral.
- Managed six accounts out of the Bank that did not meet the new portfolio profile.
- Added eight accounts totaling $4,900,000 in exposure to growth areas for the Bank.
- Member of The Palmetto Bank Community Bank Boards for Duncan, Inman, Boiling Springs, Spartanburg, Gaffney, and Blacksburg. Member of Spartanburg and Cherokee County Chambers of Commerce.
2004-2009 BANK OF AMERICA
Senior Vice President/Senior Client Manager, Charleston, SC
Managed the relationships that Bank of America had with franchised automobile dealerships in South Carolina, Western North Carolina, and Augusta, Georgia.
- Captured $111,389,000 in new business to the Bank, generating $1,586,000 in new revenue from 1/1/05 through 2/6/09.
- Annual portfolio revenue increased each year.
- Managed a commercial and retail portfolio with an average outstanding balance of $489,759,592 and average deposits of $8,572,988, resulting in average annual net credit income of $5,082,592.
- Managed a team of specialists in each product group to provide best in class customer service and products to our customers.
PRIMUS AUTOMOTIVE FINANCIAL SERVICES
2002-2004 Certified Six Sigma Blackbelt, Nashville, Tennessee
Responsible for working with all Ford Credit departments and reviewing all company operations to uncover project opportunities. Obtained full Black Belt Certification within one year of being placed in the program.
- Closed an average of five projects per year with an estimated annual savings of $1.4 million, and taught an average of three Green Belt classes each year.
- Received second place award for Black Belt project management in Ford Credit worldwide 2003.
- Due to my extensive knowledge of field operations, I was asked to participate in numerous marketing and operations initiatives, including administering the Branch Portfolio Review Process.
2000-2002 Branch Operations Manager; Orlando, Florida
Responsible for managing all retail and dealer credit responsibilities for the Orlando Branch. The territory consisted of Northern Florida, including the Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Tallahassee markets.
- Managed approximately $100 million in commercial receivables.
- Managed the retail credit department, including underwriting and funding, with retail acquisitions averaging $35 million per month.
- Branch exceeded all Customer/Dealer/Employee Satisfaction objectives.
1997-2000 Wholesale Supervisor; Orlando, Florida
Responsible for administering all current/prospective commercial (dealership) accounts. Also responsible for approving retail offerings from dealerships.
- Obtained eight commercial accounts, including investigation, underwriting, and documentation.
- Managed the wholesale department and implemented a cross-training program for department employees to improve their effectiveness and customer service
GENERAL MOTORS ACCEPTANCE CORPORATION
1996-1997 Commercial Lending Analyst; Jacksonville, Florida
Responsible for the wholesale relationships for approximately 110 dealerships, and $450 million in wholesale (dealership) receivables in Northern Florida, while supervising six people.
1994-1996 Credit Supervisor; Savannah, Georgia
Responsible for the credit maintenance of approximately 30 dealership ($100 million in dealership receivables) wholesale accounts; approved retail offerings and contracts from the dealerships
1990-1994 Account Representative; Greenville, South Carolina
Responsible for collection activity; completion of wholesale audits; placed on the SEIT (Salaried Employee In Training) program to study all aspects of the business at a supervisory level.
1989-1990 UNITED CLEANING SPECIALISTS CORPORATION
Manager; Greenville, South Carolina and Charlotte, North Carolina
Sold and administered large cleaning contracts to retail/commercial customers.
1984-1989 Clemson University – Clemson, South Carolina
Bachelor of Science in Accounting: May, 1989
Managing Conflict, Adventure Associates – 2006
Negotiating Results and Relationships, CMI Concord Group – 2005
Numerous Bank of America Product, Sales, and Management Training – 2004-2009
Six Sigma Black Belt Training – 2002-2003
Six Sigma leadership Program – 2002
Effective Sales Presentations – Train the Trainer – 2001
Mortgage Loan Analysis – 1999
Basic Elements of Supervisory Training – 1997
Dealer Financial Statement Analysis – 1994
Retail Credit Analysis – 1994
References Available Upon Request